We are open access - what are your benefits?
All articles published by Aplimat - Journal of Applied Mathematics are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
Benefits of open access are:
- Open access articles are freely available via the internet and are therefore more widely visible than articles published behind subscription barriers, with some studies suggesting that on average open access articles are twice as likely to be cited.
- Retaining copyright means that authors can reproduce and distribute their work as they choose, for example on their institution's website.
- Open access publication benefits the scientific community by making results of research immediately and freely available to all.
What is open access?
Open access publications are freely and permanently available online to anyone with an internet connection. Unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction in any medium is permitted, provided the author/editor is properly attributed. Open access has gained tremendous support from both authors, who appreciate the increased visibility of their work, as well as science institutions and funders, who value the societal impact of freely available research results.
What are the benefits of open access publishing?
- Free availability thanks to unrestricted online access
- Open access publications are freely available online to anyone, which maximizes the visibility, and thus the uptake and use of the work published.
Authors retain copyright.
The use of a Creative Commons License enables authors/editors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
High quality and rigorous peer review.
Open access publications run through the same peer review, production and publishing processes than journals and books published under the traditional subscription-based model do.
A streamlined and easy to use online submission and production process enables quick review, approval and publication.
No space constraints.
Publishing online means unlimited space for supplementary material including figures, extensive data and video footage.
Compliance with open access mandates.
Open access publications can comply with open access mandates from funding sources or academic institutions in the fastest and easiest way. Final articles can be deposited into bibliographic databases and institutional repositories without any embargo periods.
- Citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases.